About The Guest(s): Arthur Aston is a podcaster and the host of the Inclusion Think Tank podcast for the New Jersey Coalition for Inclusive Education (NJCIE). He was born with spina bifida, a condition that affects his mobility, and has dedicated his life to changing the way people see and interact with individuals with disabilities.
Summary: Arthur Aston, host of the Inclusion Think Tank podcast for NJCIE, shares his personal journey of living with spina bifida and how it led him to become an advocate for inclusive education. He discusses the importance of inclusive education and the need for students with and without disabilities to learn together. Arthur also highlights the work of NJCIE in providing professional development and consulting services to promote inclusive education in schools.
- Inclusive education is a fundamental right for every student and allows for learning and growth for all.
- Accessibility benefits everyone, not just individuals with disabilities.
- Inclusive education provides an opportunity for students to learn from each other and realize their similarities.
- Making changes towards inclusive education takes time, patience, and dedication.
- It is important to include the voices of individuals with disabilities in the conversation about inclusive education.
NJCIE Website: https://www.njcie.org/
Inclusion Think Tank Podcast: https://www.njcie.org/podcast
All In (Arkansas): https://sites.google.com/view/inclusive-practices/home
Email List: https://bit.ly/MCIE-Email-List
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.